About Me

My photo
Lubbock, Tx, United States
Lubbock Texas children photographer, family photographer. Thanks for coming to the blog! I plan to update as often as I can a few sneak peeks of my latest work! If you are interested in photos please go back to my web page and contact me! Have a blessed day!

Misty Setzler Web Site

Friday, April 1, 2011

52 week project {week 12} | Lubbock, Tx photographer

Phew what a week! I'm so thankful for fridays! And without fail this week also has a theme! So for week twelve our theme is reflection. I had to ask my group for a little motivation, because I could take this either way simple or be down right depressing and sad. I picked the simple not to much in depth.

You see every day I see a photo of my mom and me on my fridge I was 15 my mom had hair in this photo :) she had already been fighting cancer for 3 years. Four years later I lost my mom, and I'm still broken hearted I make it through each day, but the hurt never goes away. I pray as hard as I can every day but I think when you lose a parent that you didn't have enough time with and they were your best friend it'll hurt no matter what. I'm beyond thankful for the life I have and the beautiful children I get to chase after each day but while I'm running after them being the dino I often feel alone. This week I happened to be photographing one of my husbands lovely limited acoustic guitars. When I checked the image I saw my reflection, crap... I didn't mean for that to happen dumb flash agh! WAIT this is what I needed a reflection in something that is now a very much a part of my life, my husbands guitar. I'm so thankful that he has the talent that he does it often clams me down and makes me happy! Very happy!

Please see what my group did for reflection I know you wont be disappointed, starting with Tara Carman, Akron Ohio Photographer













Lubbock photographers, children photographers, family photographers, professional photographers, family portrait photographers, portrait photographer, lubbock tx, Lubbock kid photographer, lubbock newborn photographer, lubbock family photographer, lubbock childrens photographers, lubbock child photographer, west texas photographer

14 comments:

  1. Great job Misty!! ((hugs)) for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Misty! Love those accidents that were meant to be! :) And it's great that you have that picture of you and your mom. The good memories are what will last and what will get you through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your story, big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative Misty! I love the texture in the finish of the guitar.
    It's so important to be reflective about the people we love, both here and gone. Big hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so creative! it took me a second to really see it...i love those type of images. :) and hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure she lives on in you, and is very proud of your creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative reflection! Thinking of you, Misty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story Misty. What I loved most about your image was how long it took me to figure out what I was looking at. To be honest I often jump right to the image then check out the post and once I saw your description I went ahhhhh haaaaa! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your story Misty, I know your mom is watching over you and those beautiful babies of yours!!!! ;-) And this shot is so creative!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think photos like that of you and your mom are the reason that photography is so important to many of us... keeps the memories right in front where they belong! Thank goodness for reflection and inspiration :) Very nicely done Misty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the story. and I agree - photographs can be painful to see, but even the painful memories they bring back come flooded with beautifully joyful ones as well. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. big hug to you and thank for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete