About Me

My photo
Lubbock, Tx, United States
Lubbock Texas children photographer, family photographer. Thanks for coming to the blog! I plan to update as often as I can a few sneak peeks of my latest work! If you are interested in photos please go back to my web page and contact me! Have a blessed day!

Misty Setzler Web Site

Friday, March 4, 2011

Week 8 of 52| Lubbock, Tx family photographer

Week 8 woohoo! This weeks theme is light, theres many ways to look at this or to use light rather natural or artificial. So I ask you to look through the other 19 photographers and see their take on light. Amanda Jouppi, Chippewa Falls Photographer follows me please go and see everyones post and leave a little blog love :)

I picked to try my hand with my new alien bee outside. So should have done it yesterday when we had no winds... lol lets just say I was holding on to that light with all I had and at some points I felt I at any moment I might fly off like Marry Poppins. Oddly enough I dont think the winds ever gusted higher than 10mph, and thats rather mild for west Texas! So these have slight PP'ing on them, I hardly did a thing.


heres my not so fancy but very scary light set up, I shot at 3:30 and the sun is behind her I like the look I got and I'm excited to play more with it on session now all I need is for them to ship the portable power!





Lubbock photographers, children photographers, family photographers, professional photographers, family portrait photographers, portrait photographer, lubbock tx, Lubbock kid photographer, lubbock newborn photographer, lubbock family photographer, lubbock childrens photographers, lubbock child photographer, west texas photographer

15 comments:

  1. Awesome subject. I can't wait to see what your sessions turn out like. I've been wanting to use my ABs for outdoor sessions but didn't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shot! Very cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shot, Misty! Amazing light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job working with light! Thanks for sharing your setup! You're making me want to buy lights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I don't have an alien bee myself but you've almost won me over :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. why am I not surprised about you getting the pink one.

    nice shot though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the shot and tfs the set up...hmmm I will be adding this to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you and your fancy setup! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool shot with the lighting. That stuff scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowza! Love the lighting effect and that you shared your set up!! Also love her clutching the toy story dolls- and is that your puppy sunbathing in the background of your set up shot

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to have a new toy! :) I love your photo. She is a cutie, but I just love the look of the whole thing. Love the lighting and love that you see her in her natural surroundings, with the play sets in the background! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, that is awesome Misty!!!!! Your daughter is a cutie as always!!!! This is such a cool image, I'm loving the lighting effects!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. misty misty! very cool work this week! awesome! liza

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is awesome! looks like a shot from a movie or something- very cool effect- and nice pull back :-))

    ReplyDelete