About Me

My photo
Lubbock, Tx, United States
Lubbock Texas children photographer, family photographer. Thanks for coming to the blog! I plan to update as often as I can a few sneak peeks of my latest work! If you are interested in photos please go back to my web page and contact me! Have a blessed day!

Misty Setzler Web Site

Sunday, October 3, 2010

2010 Race for the cure⤷⤷Lubbock Photographer

This weekend was the 16th annual Race For the Cure! Komen is a WONDERFUL organization, 75 cents of every dollar stay here in Lubbock. They said over 8,000 people came out for the race WOOHOO!

I didn't think about it until we were about to leave the race, this was my 11th race, two of which I was signed up for but couldn't make it. Breast cancer is a big deal for me and my family, we lost my mom to this cancer! She fought a long hard battle and after a little over six year with stage four, the Lord took her from us. Although we were all very sad and still miss her to this day we were all thankful she was no longer in pain.

A little after a year of my mom's death my grandmother, her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was caught in a very early stage and no chemo was required. We all learned so much from my mom, and I pray no one else in our family will lose their life to this cancer.

Look at him, I dont know this dog but isn't he CUTE, Love the mohawk and I love how his owners got them race day shirts!
For the nice people who asked me to take their photo, and then their camera was out of memory, I hope you get this :)
Just to get an idea of how many people... the runner had already started
This is part of our team... we are missing about 10 people!
Aunt BB found Jake one of his favorite things a UPS truck!


No comments:

Post a Comment